One of the direct consequences of living abroad is that the start of the festive season means flying back home.
Right now I am wrapped up in a crazy spiral of packing Christmas presents, choosing festive outfits and a deciding which red lipsticks to take with me. And just as usual, I am way behind schedule! But there is one thing that is done and ready, and that is my hand-luggage. Because I am going nowhere without my in-flight essentials!
1. Soap & Glory • Mini Hand Food • £2.50 – Being the daughter of an airline pilot and a former air-hostess, and hence having always been a frequent flyer, one of the things I am sure of is that flying makes my hands extremely dry. I discovered Soap & Glory’s hand moisturiser when I first moved into the UK, and it has since become my all-time favourite. I have even managed to convert my mum to it!
2. Soap & Glory • Hand Maid • £2.50 – I am not a huge fan of queing for airplane toilets, so carrying this mini anti-bacterial wash comes in very handy! Plus it smells as amazingly as hand food.
3. House of Marley • Harambe Native Headphones • £14 – Because you never know how loud your fellow passengers will be, I always take a pair of over-ear headphones. After the sudden death of my beloved Senheisers, I decided to replace them with these cuties. The sound quality is amazing and they look stunning!
4. Kindle Paperwhite • £99 – The absolute love of my life. It has built-in light, an all-mighty battery and a super easy-to-use user interface. Plus it syncs across all of the devices where I have the Kindle app installed! I am currently reading The Fire by Katherine Neville, which is the sequel to one of my favourite novels ever, The Eight.
5. Hot Pink Leather- Look Kindle Case • £12 – I take my Kindle pretty much everywhere, so having a protective case for it is an absolute necessity. My case has magnetic flap closure and auto sleep/wake function, which trust me, comes in very handy!
6. Watermelon Lip Fix • Superdry • £6 – I have a confession to make: I am a lip-balm addict. I have one in every coat, every purse and every room of the house. Even one of my work colleages found one in the pocket of the company labcoats! I simply can’t stand chapped lips! Superdry’s lipfix is my latest discovery and has quickly escalated into my lipbalm ranking! Plus it smells a-m-a-z-i-n-g-l-y!
7. Sheen Supreme Lipstick • M·A·C • £16.50 – I usually go with bare lips, minimal make-up and a touch of lipbalm, because when it comes to flying, comfort comes first! But when I arrive at my destination, I usually visit the toilets and suddenly realise I look like Wednesday Addams A bit of nude lipstick and some cheek make-up action (see next item!) and I am all set!
8. Blush and Bronzer Duo • E·L·F • £3.95 – This little gem is a must-have for your beauty bag. It is fairly inexpensive and has very acceptable pigmentation. I use the shade “St Lucia” which contains really close dupes of NARS Deep Throat and Laguna!
9. Retractable Kabuki • Too Faced • £30 – I have owned mine for 7 years and it’s still in pristine condition. It is perfect to apply bronzer and blusher on the go, and it feels ridiculously soft on your skin!
What are your in-flight essentials?